IT'S AUCTION TIME!!!
THE ANNUAL CHARDON SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
LIVE TV/INTERNET AUCTION HAS BEGUN!!
WE GO LIVE SATURDAY EVENING MARCH 7th AT 5 ON G-TV CH. 20 & 22
AND WE WILL BE ON THE INTERNET TOO.
REGISTER NOW! BID NOW! ESTABLISH YOUR "TURF!"
The Chardon Schools Foundation is proud to announce
the progams funded through the Fall 2014 grant cycle.
The Chardon Schools Foundation awarded over $14,000 in funding to support these programs throughout the Chardon Local School District.
- Labquest 2 data collection probes compatible with Chromebooks for use across the high school science curriculum - The industry-grade probes measure and collect a wide range of data including temperature changes during chemical reaction, human vital signs, and sound frequencies. Currently, there are only a few probes available, and are mainly used in higher level science classes only. More equipment means more students get hands-on experience with real-world tools used in industry.
- Orff-Schulwerk instruments for elementary music program - The Orff-Schulwerk approach integrates musical performance, movement, speech and drama to experience musical concepts. These instruments are specifically designed for this curriculum and are appropriate for developmental levels throughout the elementary grades.
- Paper printing of two student newspaper editions of the Hilltopper Echo - In addition to the on-line publication, students will print two editions creating the now novel experiences required of print publications. They will gain an appreciation of the unique requirements of print layout, printing processes, and physical subscription sales.
- Quaver Music lessons to enhance and update elementary music curriculum - This program enriches the current elementary music curriculum providing up-to-date resources, including videos of music theory, music history, composers, instruments and songs and activities.
- Chardon High School Morning News equipment - Funding provides a dedicated camera, laptop computer and necessary software to bring a real-world experience for students interested in broadcast communications. Student anchors will be able to conduct on-the-scene interviews on topics ranging from sports to academics.
The Chardon Schools Foundation helps to fund creative and engaging educational grants to teachers in the Chardon Local School District. We are a 501(c)3 organization with over 20 years of support for our local school district. Chardon Schools Foundation grants approximately $20,000 annually. You can send a contribution to P.O. Box 838, Chardon, Ohio, 44024. Or make a donation online at the CSF website.